Velvety chocolate face mask

I thought I could add a little bit of that holiday glow to my face so I made something very… edible… It smells lovely and if I had some cherries or strawberries, I would dip them right into the face mask!

Cocoa powder mixed with double cream and honey is very moisturising and will give your skin a healthy glow. Cocoa powder contains fatty acids that are extremely beneficial to our skin, those acids are responsible for leaving our skin soft and nourished. It is also a great antioxidant and fights free radicals. So I could happily say that a chocolate face mask keeps our skin younger! Cocoa powder is also rich in essential minerals, zinc being one of them. Zinc is great for our sin, keeps it spot free.

delicious

2 tsp cocoa powder

1-2 tsp honey

1-2 tsp double cream

I used the ‘Green & Black’s’ organic cocoa made with the finest organic fair trade cocoa beans, but you don’t have to (I just love their chocolates). Any kind of cocoa will do a good job!Add the honey and mix it well. Fold in the double cream, mix gently until you form a lovely chocolatey paste. Apply the mask to your clean face and indulge for 15-20 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water.

You can add some dried/fresh ground rose petals or oatmeal for exfoliating properties.

Did you try mixing with oats or maybe salt to make a lovely exfoliator? Let me know if you liked it in the comments below!

Comments

It’s a lovely treat for our skin :) I can’t wait to dip my feet into the Baltic Sea waters :)

Next week I am heading off to Mediterranean Sea but really miss The Baltic beach and air! Have a great time!!!

Thanks for the recipe, Kristina! I tried this today and I loved it! I used cocoa powder, some Manuka honey, a bit of coconut milk and some ground up oatmeal. My skin feels so soft after the mask and it smelled delicious! It was a great Sunday treat. Enjoy your vacation!

so glad you liked the recipe :) Coconut milk sounds great, I’ll have to try :)

I really love it, Kristina. In fact, I think I’ll do the same mask again this week!

Enjoy your holiday!!!!

Hi Kristina! I hope you having a great vacation!

I was nominated for a Sunshine Award a couple of days ago. Now that I’ve been nominated, I also get to nominate 10 more of my favorite blogs. As you know, I love reading your posts and learning from you, so I nominated you! You can check it all out at http://wp.me/p1BAZi-jE. Congratulations!

DELICIOUS! I want chocolate on my face!! :)

1. […] was inspired to try this mask after seeing Kristina post about it on her blog Homemade Wellbeing.  I mixed 2 tsp of cocoa powder, 1 tsp of Manuka honey, 2 tsp of coconut milk and 2 tsp of ground […]