Oat and rose petal clay mask

Rose has been used for centuries in skin care. Rose petals contain carotene, B group vitamins and vitamin K. The petals of this beautiful flower are not only soothing, but also contain a good amount of vitamin C. Ascorbic acid of this plant will smooth, tone and moisturise dry, sensitive skin. Bacteria die within five minutes when contacted with fresh rose petals which makes rose a perfect medicine for fighting skin diseases. Fresh rose petals will help cure wounds and burns; they can also help in healing allergic itchy skin.

Oatmeal is well known for its softening properties. Ground oatmeal in this mask will gently exfoliate and smooth your skin. If your skin is combination, prone to breakouts, clogs, dryness, flakes and/or redness, ground oatmeal mixed with honey is a great remedy. It will leave your skin soft and healthy.

My favourite clay combination is red & white clay or red & rhassoul. I make a clay mask once a week and every time I look forward to its silky feel on my skin. Sometimes I get those horrible under the skin spots, that are nasty and painful and they don’t go away that quick. Since I started using clay I noticed that it speeds up the healing process. Clay detoxifies the skin, draws impurities out of the pores and promotes fresher, cleaner, more radiant looking skin.

rose4

2 tsp of red & white or red & rhassoul clay

2 tsp of double cream

1 tsp of honey

1 tsp of oatmeal (ground)

1 tsp of of dried/fresh rose petals (ground)

Use a grinder, I used my coffee grinder, to grind the ingredients. Grind the oatmeal together with the dried or fresh rose petals. Mix the clays and add the honey. Fold in the double cream. Add the ground oatmeal and rose petals to the mix. Carefully combine the ingredients together. Apply the mask to your clean for no more than 10 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and enjoy your fresh and glowing skin!

Comments

Thanks for sending this to me, Kristina! It looks divine! I can’t wait to expand my repertoire of face mask experiments. :)

I hope you like it :) Clays are such a treat for our skin :)

I tried a mask this weekend that used some of these ingredients. (Unfortunately, I didn’t have everything on hand). I mixed some rose petals with white clay and red clay first. Then, I added a bit of honey and aloe vera gel. It felt great on my skin! You’re such an inspiration! :)

So happy you tried it! Clays are so versatile that you can mix them with almost everything :) Aloe Vera sounds great, I will add some to my masks next time :) I also love adding a little bit of Tea Tree essential oil to clear my skin :)

Clays to me are the best to fight those horrible underneath the skin spots… clay masks make an instant difference! :)

The aloe vera is also very cooling, so it’s nice on hot day.
            I’ve been breaking out quite a bit lately and so I added a bit of Tea Tree Oil to my daily face oil. It has made such a difference. Even though I know that it’s a powerful oil, I’m still shocked at how much just a little bit can do!
            I think I’ll a drop to my next mask too!

K, I love roses even more now. What wonderful medicine they are. When i read your line “Bacteria die within five minutes when contacted with fresh rose petals” I was wowed :)

I love rose petals and they magical healing power on our skin :) I wish I could use clay face masks more often than just once a week :) I’ve read a lot about rose petals being antibacterial, maybe it’s a strong statement to say that bacteria dies within 5 minutes, but I’ve read and heard from so many sources that it does, so I am a believer 😀

I love how powerful nature is! It’s great that you are sharing it with us :)

Me too :) As long as people find it useful, I am happy to share :)

Thanks, a little goes a long way :) Simple yet effective :)

Mmmm, this face mask reminded me of something Hawaiian for some reason. It looks lovely!

You can make a gentle homemade exfoliate for your oily skin. You will need lemon juice and sugar for this recipe. Get a bowl and the ingredients. Mix a couple teaspoons of the lemon juice and then add a bit of sugar to the bowl. Take a cotton ball and dip it in your exfoliate. Gently scrub your face with it in a circular motion.

I use this from time time, but I wouldn’t recommend it to those with sensitive skin, might be a bit too harsh :)

1. […] This How to: Do a Super-Easy Skin-Brightening Facial, Rock n Roll Up Do How to use dry shampoo Clay Face Mask with Rose Petals and Oatmeal Treat Your Hair with Coconut […]