Whipped shea & avocado body butter

You know when you are so excited about something that you  just can’t sit still!? I felt like this yesterday when I checked my butter supplies. Not much left… what could I do to use them up? There is no way I am wasting even one bit! And then… ding dong! Why don’t I mix these butters up and whip myself a nice body cream!

I felt like I was creating an explosion of skincare goodness! The cream making process was so enjoyable and seeing the butters becoming soft and fluffy was a very happy moment!

You can whip shea butter on its own and it already makes a lovely body cream without any additions, but for someone like me, additives are very important! I want things to be as lush and luxurious as possible!

body butter

50g Shea butter

25g avocado butter

25ml kukui nut oil

In a bowl, warm the butters slightly just to soften them. Measure carefully and add the oils. With a hand held whisk, beat the butter until soft and fluffy. You can add a few drops of your favourite essential oil. Gorgeous!

Comments

Wow — this sounds awesome, Kristina! It’s a great way to use up your supplies and make a lovely cream!

I agree, my heart would be broken to throw away even a tiny bit :)

Happy March 1st! Your cream looks good enough to eat – like whipped egg whites and sugar to make meringues! It looks absolutely divine!

This is what I though while making the cream, felt like I was making a meringue 😀

What a treat for the body.

It is :) I use it everyday and it’s lovely :)

Thank you, I hope you like it :) You can use base oils of your choice, something that is thinner and less fatty :)

Oh my gosh, this looks sooo good and refreshing!! Should you ever open up shop and start your own natural beauty business, please let me know! I would be an incredibly loyal customer!! :)

I nearly finished using it and it was lovely, I am going to make mango butter tonight :) Will update here how it goes :) To have a beauty business is my resent goal and I believe it will come true soon :)

I’m so excited and glad to hear it!! I can’t wait to hear more about it – you really are terrific with your homemade beauty products and natural remedies. Like I said before, count me in as one your customers! 😉

Thank you Mitchi, comments like yours make me do everything quicker, but I have to be patient and be sure about everything I do 😀

This sounds so luxurious! :) Glad you have Spring. Send it our way. We had snow the last two days. Not much, but it’s pretty cold out.

Isn’t it fun to be so creative! Love this, Kristina!

I hope the snow has gone in Santa Fe and you have some sunshine now :) I love creating these little things and sharing them with my readers :) It makes me very happy 😀

I just know it and it sounds interesting, I think I’ll try it :-)

7. keyz says

can this be done with just avocado butter and almond oil as those are my favourites? so like 100g avocado and maybe 50ml almond as i think using to much almond will make it to greasy.

cheers

Yes, absolutely! Avocado butter is great and so hydrating! Almond oil soaks well into the skin making it nice and soft :) Good luck! :)