Homemade indigestion remedy

Camomile is a beautiful herb, used not only in skin care, but also as remedy. The herb is great for treating various health conditions such as loss of appetite, indigestion, vomiting, nausea, heartburn, intestinal gas (flatulence) and other digestive disorders. It has anti inflammatory properties which soothe bowel disorders and maintain digestive system, sometimes even better than mint tea.

CHAMOMILE TEA

1 tbs of dried camomile

1 tbsp honey

1 vanilla pod

a lovely mug

Just pour hot (not boiling) water over the chamomile, add a tiny bit of vanilla pod and steep it covered for 10 minutes. Strain the brew into your favourite mug, add honey and enjoy!

You can simply enjoy camomile tea with honey only as vanilla pods are rather pricey, but vanilla does make your tea smell gorgeous!

Comments

I’ll have to try this. I love tea, but I’m not a fan of mint tea. Next time I’m not feeling all that well I’ll give it a go.

I love mint tea, but sometimes it can be a bit too much :) Camomile on the other hand is not so strong, it tastes nice and works well :)

Exactly sounds so nice, I will try too… My dearest Kristina, I know this camomile but I haven never tasted… But always you are my favurite guide about these subjects, I’ll buy this amazing herb when I go out… Thank you, Thank you so much, Have a nice and enjoyable day, with my love, nia

Thank you Nia, my day is going well indeed :) Camomile tea is very good, especially for those who suffer from indigestion. I love this herb because it’s so pretty and gentle and so powerful at the same time :) I hope you like it :) It has a very mild taste and sweetened with honey is a real delight :) Of course it has to be used in moderation, just like any other herbs :)

Great post, Kristina! I love to drink tea, so I will definitely give this a try!

Thank you Alia :) I really like the mild flavour of camomile tea :) It’s especially good on ‘special days’ relieves the unpleasant feeling a little bit :)

Try it, Katie, it’s very nice and healthy :)

Great post Kristina. I love Chamomile..been drinking it for years. It’s great before bed too!

Thanks David. I agree it’s good to have some herbal, especially camomile tea before bed, it gives you sweet dreams :)

I love that you make your own tea! I was just telling D-Man the other night that when we have a garden, I’d love to go out and pick ingredients for our homemade teas. He proceeded to act out his own death (implying that I would accidentally pick a poisonous herb). But really, chamomile, vanilla, and honey I think I can do. 😉