Avocado and coconut milk hair mask

Finally I found a spare minute for a little home made avocado and coconut milk hair treatment. This amazingly fresh mix will revitalise tired, dry and weather beaten hair. I even made my own coconut milk!

So here it is, straight from my kitchen:

Hair mask

1 ripe avocado

1 glass of coconut milk

1 tbsp almond oil

Peel the lovely avocado, mince it and mix with the coconut milk and oil until the mixture is smooth. (I used my hand blender to bond all the ingredients to perfection.) Apply the mask onto your hair. Use (if you have) a wide tooth combs to spread the mixture evenly. Keep it on for about 45 minutes, or longer if you wish. Shampoo your hair well, condition if needed and enjoy your healthy hair!

Comments

This is going to sound crazy, but I was sitting here, thinking, “I should try an avocado hair mask tomorrow…” and then I did some homework, finished the assignment, decided to check my blog subscriptions, and read your post update! My hair’s been a little dry lately, avocado sounds great. :) I’ve also been putting aloe vera in it every other day, I hope that helps as well…

Ha ha this is telepathy I shall say :) Aloe Vera is great! It includes the enzyme which is beneficial in stimulating the new hair production. The herb provides softness and shine to the hair. I will have to treat my hair with aloe vera, thanks for a tip Michi! :)

Okay, guess what hair mask I tried today?! You’re going to love it. I blended half of an avocado with an aloe vera leaf (I cut off the little spikes beforehand), and added a tablespoon of molasses (organic syrup works just as well). It was incredibly refreshing!! If you give it a try, let me know what you think. 😉

Ooohhh this sounds loooovely!!! I will have to try it! Thank you!!!!! Excited already! :):):)

4. Tracy Amoah says

I will like to try all

5. Kena says

I used avocado, banana, coconut milk & almond milk. Loved it!

Sounds lush! :) I’ll have to make it again, almond milk sounds good! :)

I did it with avocado coconut milk and honey…it works wonders!!!

Glad you like it 😉 I am going to try a hot towel hair mask this weekend :) Will blog about it :)

7. intisar says

How long can this mixture last? I just made it and it smells goood so far!

I wouldn’t keep it for too long, I’d say 3 days max in the fridge since you are using coconut milk :)

8. MARIA says

My daughter had pretty dry hair(felt like straw). She has that thick wavy unmanageable hair that gets tangled so easily. Being snowed in with lots of time, I decided to look up a good home treatment for her. I came across this one and did it….after washing it and air drying it…..it looks FANTASTICALLY SHINY! looks so much healthier than it has ever looked. I love it! Thank you for sharing. Im doing the no poo method, so when it comes time to wash my hair. …im thinking I will too do this mask!!

9. Jennifer says

Will this strip my recently bleached and purple, lavender colored hair??

I wouldn’t think so, but instead of using coconut milk, try coconut oil maybe?